Saturday 14 September 2013

Lollipop Moments!! A tale of inspiration.



Today is a good day.


I'm feeling better and better! There are various reasons for this... and I wanted to share a little feel good factor on a saturday morning. My feel good right now, is music. Last night I was swept away with the old school glamour of Top Hat, and today's agenda is Wicked.  Super indulgence on the show front. But you know what... I am sick of being sick!! It's so easy, when life isn't quite perfect, for that to become all consuming; Conversation is ruled by it; every moment of the day that takes you a step closer to fatigue reminds you of it; TV is distracted by thoughts about it; trying to fall asleep can magnify your thoughts about it; Dreams are full of it.... and then the daily cycle starts again. And you forget about the things that make you happy.


Break the cycle!! 


Challenge yourself, what do you love doing? Is anything stopping you doing that right now? In my case, yes. I am a gym bunny. And becoming a slightly chubby one at that. So while it is temporary that I can't do that, I'm remembering all the things that I used to do. 

Turn this on its head - being limited right now - is an opportunity to recapture a love that you may have lost sight of. 


I'm not saying it happens like magic, my Mum and Sister helped me to remember. Get your family or friends to help you. For me, playing the piano, and being creative tick those boxes. The plan is that this blog will satisfy an element of creativity, and the piano is in the pipeline! The icing on that cake is going to a show, and for me, that lifts my spirits and captivates me. I have woken up this morning feeling good... and incidentally - I feel a good few steps closer to getting back to the gym as a result. 

While I'm upbeat


I would like to share something that transformed my thinking, long before all these myelin sheath shenanigans started! A lollipop moment, in all simplicity, is a moment where someone, somewhere, has done or said something that has profoundly affected you and your life - and they may themselves, be absolutely oblivious to that. Have a look at the video, and all will be revealed!

My lollipop moment was recently.


Again, a boyfriend gem. (As I said in a previous blog, I reckon he's missed his calling in life!). Another semi tearful just got into bed moment, feeling a bit sorry for myself... and the poor bloke having to come up with a moment of genius. All he said, was that right now times were tough. But in 12 months time, I could be an inspiration to people. That's it! 

One massively straight forward comment



switched my brain. Suddenly instead of wallowing, I had refocused to 12 months ahead - where I wanted to be health and fitness wise - and how to get there. The plan for that isn't perfect just yet, but it exists. And it can only get better and better. And you know, just writing this today, has reinforced just how powerful his words were. That's where 'Slurring to Superwoman. The Journey.' came from. 

Now I'm off to get ready to go and immerse myself in music for the afternoon!! Go and do something that you love, and forget your problems for a while! 


No comments:

Post a Comment