Monday 16 September 2013

Swinging from the Chandeliers - how food is helping me to!

When everything in life has a question mark over it, the only certainty that remains is that you are you, and that is the most important thing that there is. 

For me, whipping away the gym, the drinks and eating out with friends...the fun times, has left me with an awful lot of time to consider the me before my drama, the me now, and the me that I want to be. The latter - isn't going to happen overnight, and I initially suffered that classic 'whats the point?' as the little that I can do now, isn't going to get me to the refreshed/want to be me very quickly. However in a particularly profound moment, I turned into one of those cryptic status updaters on facebook...


"No matter what your current limitations, be the best that you can be here and now. That best will be better soon."


I realised that if I do everything that I am able to right now, to the very best of my ability... even if that best is only a little...gradually I will push those boundaries - and shift my best to better. Next stop? The me I want to be.


Where have I started? 

FOOD.  By food, I don't mean in order to lose the pounds, or undertake any kind of fad. I am stupidly fortunate, that my Sister's best friend is a food geek. And did a little of her own research...that started with a you tube clip. Its about feeding your brain, and eating for your mitochondria... stick with me. Firstly, lets talk about the only thing that matters, the RESULTS. 

After 2 days - I felt mentally alert for the first time in months!! 

Week 1 - Headaches have improved, energy levels are up.

Week 2 - Feeling stronger and not napping every time I get in the door. 

Week 3 - I have just had a pretty much NORMAL weekend!!! Don't get me wrong, no swinging from the chandeliers, but it wasn't ruled by fatigue!! 


I take zero credit for anything related to this diet 

The aim is simply to share with you how great it has made me feel, and hope that sharing it will help some of you to improve what may feel desperate. Yes, I would have gradually improved anyway. But I guarantee that the food focus has massively accelerated me closer to the land of the living. Although only you can be the judge of that for you. My results have been immediate, it may take different people with different problems different times. Now have a look:



MS Diagnosis or no MS diagnosis

This way of eating is a keeper for me.  I'm actually saving money by buying fresh food from the grocers, butchers, fishmonger; And embracing my inner domestic goddess and the satisfaction of eating properly. Yes it takes a lot of thought to begin with, but that starts to become second nature. And as a curry loving foodie - I promise you that it's not as bad as it may sound - its tasty. The best thing? Im never hungry! I would love to hear about any of you that do this already, or how you get on after trying it - tips and tricks would be brilliant.


The one thing that has evaded me so far is the seaweed...its sat in a cupboard for a week - but tonights the night!! Seaweed is getting lucky!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment